How to Update Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510?
GPS technology is now being used in every aspect of life. By becoming more interactive and useful, GPS device producers have increased to a massive scale. Various producers are now working to offer advanced, innovative, and accurate GPS devices. Among various GPS device providers, Rand McNally has gained much popularity. It produces GPS devices that are good for different users to fulfill their various navigation needs. For a glitch-free experience and more accurate and reliable information, you need to keep your device updated with the latest software and maps. TND 720/520/710/510 is a range of Rand McNally GPS devices that are designed for truck drivers. In order to keep your device updated, you need to go through with the information provided below. Make sure you read the whole article carefully to get a deep understanding of the update procedure.
General Requirements for Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510 Update
To begin with the update procedure, you first have to fulfill some of the requirements. These requirements help you to make your update procedure error-free.
- You must have a USB cable that you have received with the GPS device
- High-speed internet connectivity
- Minimum of 8 GB of disk space is required
- Upgraded web browser
- Your device must be registered
Detailed Update Procedure for Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510 Devices
Rand McNally TND 720/520/710/510 devices require you to have Rand McNally Dock software installed on your system. This software is an important part of the GPS device. Using this software, you can easily install the software as well as map updates on your device. Hence, download the application first by visiting “randmcnally.com/dock”. Then, proceed further with the process given-below. Each step of the process must be executed carefully to avoid errors.
- Commence the update procedure by connecting your GPS device to the computer system using the USB cable. For this, take the USB cable and attach one of its ends to the system and another end to the GPS device.
- Once your device gets connected successfully, the Rand McNally Dock will open on its own. However, if it doesn’t then you have to access the application by clicking its icon.
- In the main interface, you will find a green color update button. The color green indicates the availability of the updates.
- Now, press the “Update Available” option to step forward with the Rand McNally update procedure.
- On clicking the option, the dock application will initiate its search for the updates that are available for your GPS device.
- After the completion of the search process, details of the available update will display on your screen. Review the details and hit the “Begin Download” option.
- Upon clicking the update will start downloading. After a wait of a few minutes, when the download gets completed, the completion message will prompt on the apps screen.
- Next to this, you have to transfer the downloaded update on your McNally TND 720/520/710/510 device. In order to do so, you need to tap the “Transfer” option and wait for the completion.
- As soon as the update gets transferred successfully, you can see the successful message. Now, you can use devices with updated software and maps.