Rand McNally Connect
Rand McNally has an extensive range of GPS based consumer Devices that simplifies this innovative technology for household users. These GPS Devices are sophisticated navigation gadgets that require timely updates for reliable and accurate functioning. In order to do so, users need an efficient management solution. As such, it has provided a user-centric management portal by the name Rand McNally Connect.
What is Rand McNally Connect?
Rand McNally Connect is a free of cost utility software application that facilitates management of ingenious Rand McNally GPS Devices. This single-stop management hub gives you complete control over your innovative GPS Devices offered by Rand McNally. However, it’s primary function is to support in updating the GPS and Maps of your Device.
Rand McNally Connect Setup
Its Setup involves three basic procedures i.e. Download, Installation, and Activation. This procedure is quick and simple. But, certain factors can lead to its failure. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that your Computing Device supports this complimentary software. As such, check the specified System Requirements here. Besides that, you must have an uninterrupted and high-speed Internet Connection.
Download Rand McNally Connect
- You can easily Download this software on your Computer from its official website. However, this requires you to hook up the System with your Rand McNally GPS Device. Hence, do the same in the very first place. For this, use the accompanied USB Cable.
- Now, Turn On both the Computer and the connected Rand McNally Device.
- In addition to that, connect the System to a stable Internet Network.
- On your System, launch an Internet Browser like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.
- Now, visit the official website of Rand McNally. In other words, type in “randmcnally.com” in the Browser’s Address Bar. Then, hit “Enter”.
- Next, you must access the “Support” page.
- Search the Rand McNally Connect window of the “Support” section.
- Here, you will find links to Download the software for specific OS like Windows, Mac etc. respectively.
- Hence, click on the accurate link and get started with the downloading process.
- After that, all you have to do is wait patiently.
- However, at times, it may prompt you to provide a different Download Location. In that case, click “Save” or “Save As”. Thereafter, click “Browse” to select a distinct Download Location.
Install Rand McNally Connect
- Begin the process to Install Rand McNally Connect by searching your Computer for the Setup File downloaded during the last process.
- For this, go to your System’s default Download Location. In most of the cases, this would be your Downloads Folder. Here, you will find a list of recent downloads including the Setup File.
- However, at times, you set a different Download Location during the downloads. In that case, check that location for the Rand McNally Connect Setup File.
- Once you have located the downloaded Setup File, open the same. This can be done by double-clicking on it.
- As a result, it brings up a Security Warning pop-up box. This window seeks to validate your system. Hence, click “Run”.
- The following window says “Welcome to Rand McNally Update Setup Wizards”. Now, click “Next” to proceed further.
- After that, go through the terms of “Software License Agreement” provided on the following window. Then, select “I Agree” to consent your acceptance. Thereafter, click “Next”.
- Follow on-screen instructions to continue with the Installation process.
- At last, click “Install”. However, you will have to wait for the process.
- Finally, click “Finish” when the process finishes successfully.
- Then, Restart your Device.
Register Products At Rand McNally Connect
- Turn On the GPS Device and Computer.
- Then, hook up the Device to the Computer with the help of a USB Cable.
- After that, connect the System to your Home Network.
- As a result, your GPS Device will display the status as “Connected”.
- Along with that, Rand McNally Connect will initialize automatically on your Computer screen.
- Connect’s Welcome window will prompt you to Register the Connected GPS Device.
- As such, correctly fill in the Required Details as explained below.
- First and Last Name
- Complete Address including the City, State, Zip Code, etc.
- Phone Number
- Along with all this, you must provide the “Serial Number” of your GPS Device.
- At last, click “Submit”.
- With this, you will get a Confirmation Message.
- Hence, select “OK” to conclude the Registration process.